Step by Step Visitor Visa (Subclass 600) Guide
Everything you need to know to give your Visitor Visa (Subclass 600) application the best chance of success.
What you'll learn:
- Understand the Australian Visitor visa (Subclass 600) application process
- Get insider advice on which stream to apply for
- Create an ImmiAccount and lodge your online partner visa application
- Collect supporting documents to prove you have Adequate Means of Support
- Learn tried and tested strategies for demonstrating that you are a Genuine Temporary Entrant
- Draft a compelling Letter of Invitation and a comprehensive Cover Letter
- A computer (Mac or PC)
- First, we will provide an overview of the different visitor visas available in Australia
- Then we'll walk you through exactly which stream is most appropriate for your situation.
- We'll show you how to create an ImmiAccount so you can lodge your visa application online.
- After that, we'll show you how to get the evidence together that your application has the best chance of success.
- Lastly, we'll walk you through a step by step in preparing your Letter of Invitation and a Cover Letter
- Document Checklist
- Letter of Invitation Precedent
- Example of a completed Letter of Invitation
- Cover Letter Precedent
- Example of completed Cover Letter
- Form 1149 Sponsorship Form
- Example Online Application
- List of "High Risk" Countries
- Various precedents (Letter from employer, Letter from Travel Agent)
Solicitor and Registered Migration Agent
Simon is a registered Solicitor, holds a Bachelor of Arts, a Bachelor of Laws, and a Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice. He is a member of the NSW Law Society and the Migration Institute of Australia.
Simon majored in International law and Refugee law and has spent several years working as a Refugee Lawyer, including stints on Nauru representing the caseload of asylum seekers in offshore processing.
Simon is an accomplished educator and communicator and has been involved in developing, managing and delivering a range of vocational training courses in colleges across Australia.
StartIntroduction to Visitor Visas (18:19)
StartSetting Up Your ImmiAccount (6:36)
StartTourist Stream or Family Sponsored Stream? (12:36)
StartCommon Requirements of Visitor Visas (17:41)
StartGenine Temporary Entrants (29:19)
StartThe Letter of Invitation (13:12)
StartThe Cover Letter (9:25)
StartMaking Your Application Online (8:32)
Frequently Asked Questions
"This is a brilliant guide — we were able to bring my partner's family across from Vietnam for Christmas. Everything we needed was packaged in the guide."
- Joanna Wickham, Visitor Visa
This guide, including its attachments/resources (Guide), is provided for general information purposes only. The Guide does not take your specific circumstances, needs and objectives into account and does not constitute migration advice or services. Any reliance placed on the information in this Guide and any use of the documents supplied in this Guide is at your own risk.
Who is this Course For:
- This course is for people who feel overwhelmed by the visitor visa application process and want guidance about how to complete their application.
- This course is for visitor visa applicants with straightforward circumstances who clearly meet the visa criteria
- This course is for applicants who are confident they can prepare their own application and avoid the high costs of a migration agent
- This course is probably not for you if you’ve had multiple refusal and/or come from a high risk country